Friday, May 4

Happy?


The cartoon is titled, "The history of technology." but I think it covers more than just technological advancements. I've noticed in my own experience how, after changing things around again and again, I frequently end up putting them back in just about the same place they were to begin with.

An obvious example is my furniture. If you know me, you know that I love to rearrange furniture. Sometimes the boys and Kirk will come home to find that the living room is now the dining room, and I will have changed the arrangement of the appliances on the kitchen counters. I've done this kind of thing many times, in every room of the house, and guess how things are set up now? Pretty much the way they were when we first moved in seven years ago.

Change is good. Change is necessary for growth. But the old expression, "The more things change, the more they say the same" is true, I think. When you look at the big picture, you can see patterns and history that has repeated itself.

So what about the caveman in the cartoon? What should he do? Move out of the city, away from the noise and pollution and clutter, but still keep his internet connection and satellite TV...sounds good to me.

0 had something to say: