Thursday, May 3

My mother is a saint (and my daddy's not too bad either)





I've been sick since last Friday. Ugh.
Mama and Daddy came over Monday and took Colt home with them, thereby allowing me to actually SLEEP some. I don't know who is having more fun: Colt, or his Memaw and Pepaw. If I didn't feel so lousy I'd probably be having fun too.

But isn't the rain beautiful? Our garden is looking more "real" now. It will probably have a really nice growth spurt with all this water. The canteloupes (at least that's what I think they are), pumpkins, English peas, carrots, squash, zucchini, cabbage, onions, peppers, and garlic all look promising. We also have lots of flowers and vines coming up. I hope they make it! The fig tree is growing more and more fragrant, and the cherries and plums (the ones Colt hasn't already "found") are beginning to blush with the hotter days.

The puppies are growing so quickly! There are 12 little sweeties who sleep for longer stretches now. Their movements are getting stronger and it seems they are getting ready to open their eyes. It is so amazing how you can almost see them develop before your eyes! It's kind of like having babies of your own, in fast motion (with a few significant differences, of course). But that's another story in and of itself. Anyway, Dixie is spending a little more time out of the nursery, and hanging out with Dexter more each day. Her nursing seems to be adequate, at least for now.

Ok, time to go pick up the boys from school. It's rainy day dismissal, so here goes another 30 minutes or so in carline.

But back to the point: Colt comes home tomorrow. I miss that little cutie. Thank you, Mama and Daddy!!!

0 had something to say: