Wednesday, March 28

.88 to save your marriage


I discovered a simple way to prevent twice-a-day arguments and simmering resentment. I bought my own tube of toothpaste! You see, I'm a "middle squeezer" and my husband is a "squeeze from the bottom and roll the tube up" kind of guy. I don't know why it took me years of marriage to figure this out.

And here's a bonus (free!) way to neutralize the quintessential bathroom argument: we BOTH put BOTH parts of the toilet seat down when we're done. That way he's not the only one with lid duty and I never have to sit down into the cold wet bowl in the middle of the night. Works for me!

P.S. I'm teaching my boys to do the same thing. You're welcome, future daughters-in-law. Now I just have to figure out how to neutralize the other bathroom problem in a house with three little boys...

For more ingenious ideas on everyday things, visit Shannon at Rocks in my Dryer.

5 had something to say:

Kacey said...

Our toilet lids are always closed, all of the way. It looks funny to me if I see one that's not. And after hearing about all of the germs that fly out of the potty when it's flushed, I make sure it's closed before I flush! Isn't life just better that way?

Mom2fur said...

I've just learned to feel to make sure the lid is down,LOL. I think I can even do it in my sleep. But, on behalf of the future wives of America...thanks to any mom who teaches her son such good manners!

Unknown said...

Your tips gave me a chuckle. I remember the discussions my husband and I have had over the toothpaste and the toilet.

Anonymous said...

How funny! I was just thinking about this last night... my husband ran out of his toothpaste, and has been using mine, and we have such different habits that it drives me nuts. We've always had two tubes, and it's times like this that remind me why!

Such a silly thing to feel annoyed about, but still... at least it's a cheap fix.

Jane Q Doe said...

i've tried to train the brad to do the same thing. #1)i dont like my butt accidentally landing on a cold toilet bowl lip at two in the morning either. and #2) our brilliant cat can't really jump on the bathroom counter without help and repeatedly just leaps onto the open toilet without looking first.

NAS. T.