Tuesday, January 16

Hello out there...

Well, I'm back. It's been a long, busy month-or-so, with the holidays and all. We were just getting back to a normal schedule when we had the MLK day. It was nice, especially since the weather was so gray, wet, and cold, to hang around the house chillin' with my peeps.

I have a bunch of pictures from the holidays, and once I get them downloaded I'll be sure to share. I know you're on the edge of your seat and have been anxiously checking this site daily in anticipation of seeing my boys opening their Christmas presents and just generally being cute. You will not be disappointed. Stay tuned.

In the meantime, please follow the link to one of my favorite websites, Neatorama. There is always something cool to look at or think about (sometimes both!) over there. Last time I checked, the first post was an extra-long one about fads through the years, but the guy updates frequently so there's no telling what you'll find.

I missed the Golden Globes last night--I like to watch Red Carpet stuff like that--because we watched Disc 1 of "The Return of the King" instead. My kids have always liked the LOTR movies, but since we've recently read "The Hobbit" and because of course, they're getting older, they pick up more and better understand things in the movie. It's funny, too, that they want to know if some events in the movies "really happened," meaning "Was that in the book?" I guess they've soaked up a lot from listening to Kirk and me discussing it, because last night Cody said, "I don't like all that "Arwen is dying' stuff." Me neither, Cody.

I wouldn't have been able to see the awards show anyhow, because our original plan was to read some more Potter. We're about 2/3 of the way through "Sorceror's Stone." This will be Cody's first time through the books. He was too young to sit still when we read them through for Chet a few years back. The reading for last night was cancelled, though, because Colt, who is now the one too little to sit through all those chapters, was wide awake and more than willing to watch some LOTR action.

All that being said, I just remembered that E! (love that exclamation point!) replays its Red Carpet stuff on the morning after an award show. Yippee!

Have a great day!

0 had something to say: