Wednesday, October 25

Hair in a hurry


This post is in conjunction with an ongoing project by Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer. You can follow the link to see a bunch more tips from other mommybloggers.

Here's my tip: If you ever have to suddenly look presentable and have no time to wash your hair, or if your hair's gone blah in the middle of the day, sprinkle a little baby powder in your hand and work it lightly through your hair for a quick picker-upper. Go easy; you don't want to end up looking like George Washington with a powdered wig. A little goes a long way. Note: I don't know how well this will work for brunettes, as my hair is medium-to-dark blonde. So to all you people who theoretically have less fun than me: try it out before your next shower to see how it works.

By the way, I use the lavender scented powder so I don't smell like I just changed a baby.

9 had something to say:

Anonymous said...

I've heard this tip for years but never tried it. Until now I never knew that anyone actually does it. I may have to give it a try.

Thanks for a great tip.

Anonymous said...

I had heard of this years ago but had forgotten about it.

Milehimama @ Mama Says said...

Cornstarch works, too, and it's unscented.
Don't do too much if you have fine hair - the static electricity and flyaways might do you in before you leave the house!

Ms. Kathleen said...

My blond daughter does this. My brunette daughter thought it looked like she had dandruff so said she had to really brush out her hair. Blonds do have all the luck - sometimes ;)

Anonymous said...

This works, I've tried it...with
my really oily hair it helps on some days!

Tracy

Unknown said...

This is what got me through college!
And I do have brown hair. You just have to use less and work it in really well. My husband scowled the first time he saw me do it! Great tip!

Amy said...

I have really dark hair and so this didn't work for me. I could never blend it in (yet another reason to be jealous of blondes!) I actually used face toner because the alcohol in it helped dry out the oil on top. I could do this one handed while holding my screaming baby in the other ;) Worked for me- thanks for the great tip! We are finally up and rolling ;)

Anonymous said...

A while ago I heard about a product that does this for dark hair. It's called Bumble and Bumble Hair powder. Very pricey, though. Here's a link about it:

http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip543.htm

Lady Why said...

Great idea! I've heard you can use cornstarch to do the same thing, but I've never tried it.