Thursday, August 10

Mel is swell, but stupid


I like Mel Gibson. In fact, I think he's one of those celebrities who gets sexier as he ages, like Sean Connery, Tom Selleck, Pierce Brosnan, and Don Rickles. I know you've all been waiting impatiently to hear my thoughts on his recent DUI arrest. Well, the wait is over.

I think it's very unfortunate, for many reasons. First, he should have his drinking habits under control. Carousing in a bar with young women (and he's very married, with what, about seven kids?) was just stupid.

Second, he should've called a cab. Heck, the man's a multi-millionaire; he could've had a limo waiting outside for him. Stupid.

Third, he shouldn't have been such a smart-alec during the arrest. He was wrong, he knew he was wrong, and he should've known that everything he said would be printed in a newspaper the next day. Stupid.

Fourth, and most importantly, after proclaiming so publicly his Christian faith, Mel should've realized that there were skeptics all over the world just waiting for him to do something wrong so they can put down Christianity. I know he's human and therefore makes mistakes, but when you put yourself in the public eye you have to be more mindful of what you do, especially in public. Piling stupid mistake on top of stupid mistake? Stupid.

All that being said, I found a funny (but not G-rated) web page relating to Mel's arrest.

Did you know his full name is Mel Columcille Gerard Gibson? I didn't either.

0 had something to say: